K-5th Grade Elementary School Stage
Matched Savings Accounts
Who is Eligible?
- Students who live in Tacoma’s Salishan neighborhood and attend any Tacoma public school
- Students who do not live in Salishan but attend Lister Elementary School.
- Salishan children of both renter and homeowner families are eligible.
- Once enrolled in the program for a year, a student will remain eligible for the CSA program even if he or she leaves for another school in Tacoma Public Schools
How does the program work?
- THA opens a savings account in your child’s name.
- THA makes the first $50 deposit.
- THA matches your deposits dollar for dollar up to $400 per year.
- Savings are protected and grow until college.
- The program also offers parents and students with training on how to understand money, use financial services wisely and get the most from money.
- A student who starts at kindergarten and whose family participants fully, by the end of 5th grade, would have $2,400 in family deposits and $2,400 in program match deposits, for a total of $4,800.
- The match of funds ends after 5th grade. The child then moves to the next stage in 6th grade at First Creek Middle School.